I have a monthly show that I throw called ‘The Good Life.” I throw the show with DJ Charlie, whom titled and invented the concept and the event along with the name. I feel like the name is nod and an homage in respect to the original ‘Good Life Cafe’ in Los Angeles, although I know that was not DJ Charlie’s intention when he created the event and concept. I wanted the night to be a showcase for Austin Artist and DJ’s MC’s and producers much the way a stand up showcase show is run at The Comedy Store. A place both the most respected and the newest could co-mingle, play on the same stage and build a possible working respect or friendship. I love Hip Hop, and this is a way I can contribute to the very thing I love and that I have dedicated numberless hours and dollars toward. We have teamed up with Austin Mic Exchange (DJ Charlie’s idea again) to bring the freshest talent coming out of the open mic scene on Tuesdays at Spiderhouse which is a runaway success. Much thanks and respect to the artist and fans alike for coming out. Flamingo Cantina is possibly the last bar on 6th Street running Hip Hop and Reggae and I appreciate them for giving me the opportunity to throw our event at their club. So, in conclusion, thank you and if you love Hip Hop and want to see what Austin Texas, the live music capital of the world has to offer please come to ‘The Good Life,” tell a friend, spread the word that we are bringing good music, good weed and good times to Austin.
- 10th Jul 2015 - Philadelphia, PA - Voltage Lounge: Friday, July 10th
- 11th Jul 2015 - Brooklyn, NY - The Paper Box: Saturday, July 11th
- 12th Jul 2015 - Manhattan, NY - End of the Weak @ Pyramid: Sunday July 12th
- 15th Jul 2015 - Elon, NC - Whiskey Wednesday @ Tony's Pubs: Wednesday, July 15th
- 22nd Jul 2015 - Denver, CO - Inner Peace Out Fest @ Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom July 22nd